strange

Author
ro2
Supreme Being (21K reputation)Supreme Being (21K reputation)Supreme Being (21K reputation)Supreme Being (21K reputation)Supreme Being (21K reputation)Supreme Being (21K reputation)Supreme Being (21K reputation)Supreme Being (21K reputation)Supreme Being (21K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello

I have receive the news letter, at the end, the manufactuer release, and good suprise 10 new SYMETRIX processor.

I look that and .......

only a poor red rectangle, no exactly 10 poors rectangle.

can you don't give this information in new letter, make an rectangle it isn't a new product please.

I remind to you that we paid for acces to manufacturer database .

thank you
Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Symbols Manager (15K reputation)
Group: Moderators

Hi ro2,

The symbols you refer to are based on generics and are designed as place holder symbols which we will replace as soon as the manufacturer supplies us with his product information. In the absence of detailed CAD drawings weare unable to produce high detail Stardraw symbols for these products at this time. We have however published accurate block schematic symbols and it is just the rack and pictorial symbols that lackthe high detail. We only ever publish generic based symbols when we really have to and it’s with a great sense of reluctance.

We’ll get in touch with Symetrix again and see if we can get things moving a little quicker for you, hopefully we’ll have the new symbols ready soon.

As you rightly point out, we announce symbol updates via our newsletters. We also announce symbol updates as they happen via Twitter: @Stardraw, on our Facebook page: Stardraw.com Ltd, and on the start page within the Stardraw Design 7application itself.

Details of all the symbol libraries can also be viewed on our website http://www.stardraw.com/products/stardrawdesign7/symbolslibrary.asp and by clicking on a manufacturer name to see details of the products and symbols included and whether symbols are based on generics (any such products are marked with an *) . Clicking on the manufacturer names in the newsletter will also take you straight to the listing for a given manufacturer on the website again - where full details are available.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Kevin Harrison

Edited 11 Years Ago by Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Hi ro2,

I'm pleased to report that we have now published new high-detail symbols which replace the generic-based Symetrix Edge I/O frame I/O card symbols.

Kind regards,

Kevin Harrison
ro2
ro2
Supreme Being (21K reputation)Supreme Being (21K reputation)Supreme Being (21K reputation)Supreme Being (21K reputation)Supreme Being (21K reputation)Supreme Being (21K reputation)Supreme Being (21K reputation)Supreme Being (21K reputation)Supreme Being (21K reputation)
thank you I try it
Robert Nilsson
Robert Nilsson
Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)
Hi!

I understand it's a time consuming to draw high detail on Rack unit's but many time do we find cad drawings on the manufcturers home page.
When making an offer or presentation it's more seeling to show a rack with high detail rather than a red rectangle symbol

So how can we get more high detail drawings? and how to adress this?

Shall we send cad files to you? or?
And as ro2 wrote this is a service that we pay for since we like it :-)

Robert Nilsson

DAT AB

Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Hi Robert,

Thank you for your post.

The absence of a usable CAD drawing is the number one reason why we are sometimes unable to publish a high detail symbol.

There are a few things you can do to help:

1, Yes! Please send us any CAD drawings that you may already have. If it’s easier, you can email symbols @ stardraw dot com links to any CAD files you have found on the internet and we will download them. If the drawings are suitable and we can use them, we will author and publish new high detail symbols. Generally our requirements are that drawings need to be in either DXF or DWG AutoCAD format, 2 dimensional and contain front and rear elevations of the product. We can sometimes work with other vector drawing formats subject to their suitability.

2, We are in constant contact with manufacturers in order to obtain their product information. Supplying us with CAD drawings doesn't always see us placed at the top of their priority list though. If you carry weight with a manufacturer and are able get in touch with them and ask that they support you by supplying us [Stardraw] with their product information, this almost always has the desired effect!

3, Pass on to us any contact details you have for persons responsible for the supply of technical product information. It’s sometimes the case that we haven’t been able to talk to the right person, particularly in larger - global corporations so helping us get in touch with the right person could be invaluable.

Any information can be emailed to symbols @ stardraw dot com and please feel free to pass this email address on to anyone concerned. We appreciate your help and look forward to receiving the drawingsSmile

Regards,

Kevin Harrison
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...