PDF Printing: Loss of colour in Product Blocks and Title Block Company Icon

PDF Printing: Loss of colour in Product Blocks and Title Block Company...
Author
imoconno
Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The title says it all.

When I create a PDF of each page in StarDraw Design 7, the colour in the Product Blocks (Red text titles) and the Title Block Company Icon are grey.

This seems to happen on Block Schematic and Panel Layout pages, but not on my Rack Layout pages.

Is there as setting you can change in StarDraw, or would this have to do with my PDF creator?

Thanks
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Please check the color settings of the PDF generator.

What are you using to generate the PDF?

If all seems well, please attach to your post a screengrab of the PDF settings and the project file (as a .zip)

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
imoconno
imoconno
Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)
Rob,

Attached you will find the Captured PDF settings, a screen capture of what a block schematic page is coming out as and the original SD7 file.

Unfortunately nothing seemed out of place, and like I said, it seems to only happen on non-Rack layout pages.

I use Adobe, in particular I have Acrobat X Pro.

Kind regards,

Ian
Attachments
StarDraw Colour Problems.rar (375 views, 801.00 KB)
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Ian,

Thanks for sharing this information - we have reproduced the issue and are investigating a fix.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
David Strawbridge
David Strawbridge
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)
Ian,
We are still looking into this issue. However we have found that a different PDF printer, DoPDF, does not have this problem with your project, so for a quick workaround at the moment it might be worth using that instead.
It's available from http://www.dopdf.com/download/setup/dopdf-7.exe and is freeware.

Regards,

Dave Strawbridge.
imoconno
imoconno
Hello,

I tried the dopdf program, and unfortunately it also causes colour distortion in some of the text.

If you see the attachment, the company logo image isn't coming out correctly and has an image outline above it. Also the text inside the triangle is red when it should be black.

For now I can just use my original PDF program in black and white, but what would you throw out as a rough estimate for the time to fix the "colouring" issue?

Cheers,

Ian
Attachments
colour text.png (469 views, 27.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...