Exported PDF Images Blurry

Author
nkolink
Supreme Being (900 reputation)Supreme Being (900 reputation)Supreme Being (900 reputation)Supreme Being (900 reputation)Supreme Being (900 reputation)Supreme Being (900 reputation)Supreme Being (900 reputation)Supreme Being (900 reputation)Supreme Being (900 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

We have been customizing our title bars and are having this problem when exporting to pdf. Our logo appears very crisp and clean on screen, but when exported to pdf, it is blurry. Not just a little blurry, but very.

I have tried several different formats for the image - jpg, gif, tiff, bmp - all with the same result. The images were created in photoshop and are full 300 dpi.

I have tried both exporting to pdf and printing as pdf with the same results.

Is there something we are missing to have the logo image properly exported as a clean image? Is there a specific way I should format the logo images before importing?

Thanks,

Nate
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Nate,

The issue is likely to be caused by the downsampling of images when going to PDF.

If you use a third party PDF printer you should be able to adjust the resolution of embedded images using the PDF writer's Properties options.

There are many PDF writers out there, for example CutePDF which is free. With CutePDF Writer you can use its Advanced settings to 'dial up' the Graphic print quality, all the way to 4000dpi if you wish, but settings of 300dpi or 600dpi are usually sufficient.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
nkolink
nkolink
Supreme Being (900 reputation)Supreme Being (900 reputation)Supreme Being (900 reputation)Supreme Being (900 reputation)Supreme Being (900 reputation)Supreme Being (900 reputation)Supreme Being (900 reputation)Supreme Being (900 reputation)Supreme Being (900 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks Rob. When printing as a PDF I was able to turn off all the graphic compression settings in adobe acrobat which solved the problem. I don't see any want to change settings for the export feature, but that isn't critical since the print as PDF works.

Nate
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...