Cable number Export?

Author
novski
Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
HiIm currently Testing SD7 and i'm missing a export function of the cable numbers, source and destination.
I will need that to feed my cable label printer.
After watching all of the Toutorial Videos I'm not sure if thats possible...
What i need is a EXEL compatible format.
Is it possible to do that somehow?
Thanks a lot
best regards
novski
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Novski,

From a Block Schematic drawing select File | Export and from the Files of Type dropdown choose "Cable Schedule (*.xls)" - this will do exactly what you need.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
novski
novski
Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)
Thanks Rob, that export does the Job.

Now i wold need a function that doesn't allow me to create two similar cable names in a Project. (also over different drawing sheets...)

Thanks a lot.

novski
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Novski,

I'm pleased that works for you.

We'll think about functionality to prevent the definition of similar Attribute values, but I can't promise that it would be added any time soon.

To help us in thinking about it:

How similiar is too similar?

Does this apply to all Attributes, or just some? How do you decide which? Should we decide, or should the user?

What about the custom Attribute names that you add? Should they allow similar values, or not, or be user-configurable?

What should happen if you try to define a value that is 'too similar'?

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
novski
novski
Hi Rob.I'm sorry my English is not so good to understand what "how similar is too similar" means...Smile

What i need is something like a choose between making own cable names and a automatic generated cable number which increments for every cable Automatically.
I always also like codes, so i can recognise my muco in first 2 digits and my cablename in the last 4 digits.
as sample: muco number 14 has 12 Audiocables inside. So my preferred cable number wold be: 140001
Thats handy because i can give the Electrician my muco and stickers, printed with just the 2 digit Muco number. Then as soon he finished his job pulling al those cables from A to B i come and make the connection witch i can label with a 6 digit number on each connection.

Something i don't understand until now is how to make a "muco". Something like a BUS or so... How do you manage those?

To your Questions about user or System deciding. I prefer a well thought system (like described above) decision witch i can change, maybe by rightklick on that cable.
And, i wold never allow similar Values without a warning... (in some rare moments it makes sense to allow it. perhaps for the external DJ Mixer Input cables or so. BigGrin)

best regards
novski
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Novski,

It sounds like the Cable Label tool will do pretty much what you want - see the SD7 Help file topic on Cable Labels; http://blob.stardraw.com/www/products/stardrawdesign7/help/Cable_Labels.htm

It will allow you to set the same value on more than one label, but this is part of a larger question. In any case, it is easy to see if you have duplicated any values using the Cable Schedule.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
novski
novski
true! fully! great.

More Questions:

1. I don't see any of the Sommer Cable or Hi-con Products in your Symbol Library. Are they not drawn yet?

2. By Drawing a Panellayout i didn't find a 19" 16port D-Series Panel. So i Imported the CAD Data of it. Now i can't Position it so that the Standard D-Series connections snap to the grid inside the Mounting hole as i wish...
How can i change the grid?
Can you provide a done symbol of Neutrik NP16 or similar?

by the way: The Symbols of Neutrik BNC connectors are not sorted right. I have 2 folders one is named Horizontal and one Vertikal but both have the same content horizontal and vertical connectors...

Thanks and have a nice day Rob!
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Novski,

1. If you see that products are missing from the library use the online Request Symbol service at http://www.stardraw.com/products/stardrawdesign7 - we prioritize the addition of new products based on the requests received in this way.

2. You can change the grid settings in the Properties Grid. With nothing selected in the drawing the Properties Grid shows Document settings; under Appearance you will see a group for Grid, with Size and Number of Snaps settings.

re: Neutrik BNCs - the Horizontal and Vertical groups contain the same connectors mounted in different orientations but always with engraving above the connector. This is why we show 2 options; they are different symbols of the same product.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...