Missing Symbols/Excel Issue

Author
s
Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, 
I have 'inherited' quite a few drawings which i need to do more work on, print cable schedules etc.
I am getting an error on export of the cable schedule where the cell contents are all kicked forward by a column.
from what i can tell this happens when there is no ID in the attributes of the product.

After much trial and error it appears there are product symbols in teh drawings which are not showing the attributes correctly.

Affected symbols have attributes with an underscore in them such as Symbol_Design_Time, there is no ID field/attribute on these symbols and they don't appear in the product table. Deletiing the product from the drawing does not make the product appear back in the table.
Symbols where everything is lined up correctly in excel have proper names and an ID Field/Attribute and appear in the product browser.

if i delete the product from the drawing and replace from the product browser, or copy paste from another drawing in the same file with an ID attribute this works fine and the line for that product in teh spreadsheet is correctly lined up again.

I'm looking for a quick hack that can update the products in the file so that the exported schedule correctly lines up, I'm also presuming the equipment list is also going to be incorrect, but i havent tested that yet.

Is there a quick hack, or do i have to go through all the drawings and replace the affected symbols? (theres a lot of drawings!)

Cheers
Phil

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Phil,

Can you email the project file to techsupport@stardraw.com along with precise details of one or two of the items that appear to be 'wrong' so that we can examine them and try to understand exactly what is going on.

Can you also confirm and let us know the build of Stardraw Design 7.3 that you are using? This information is found when you select Help | About Stardraw Design 7.3.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Update for those following this thread: the project file contained symbols that were not created in the normal way, i.e. by dragging from the Product Browser, so they do not represent Products in the Project.  The solution was to delete these bogus symbols and replace them with Symbols from the Product Browser.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...