Simpler Cable Schedule, less columns

Author
A
Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is there any way to export a simpler cable Schedule with only a few columns or to select the attributes that will be displayed in this list?
The default Cable Schedule has too much information that I need to delete every time I export a list.

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Antonio,

The format of the Cable Schedule is fixed and contains all Attributes for the Cables and their connected Products.  There is not currently a way to select particular fields to export.

However, Excel is very powerful - which is one reason why we choose to export to Excel rather than re-inventing the wheel by building such functionality into Stardraw Design 7 - and you can use Excel to accelerate the process of 'trimming' the export; for example you could:
  1. Record a Macro in Excel to hide or delete the columns you don't want.  This Macro could then format the exported spreadsheet in a single click or keystroke combination.
  2. Create a 'template' that links to the exported spreadsheet and pulls out only the columns you want.
I hope this is helpful and gives you some ideas on how to achieve exactly what you want quickly and efficiently.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
AntoVila
A
Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Rob Robinson - 11/16/2021 12:07:56 PM
Hi Antonio,

The format of the Cable Schedule is fixed and contains all Attributes for the Cables and their connected Products.  There is not currently a way to select particular fields to export.

However, Excel is very powerful - which is one reason why we choose to export to Excel rather than re-inventing the wheel by building such functionality into Stardraw Design 7 - and you can use Excel to accelerate the process of 'trimming' the export; for example you could:
  1. Record a Macro in Excel to hide or delete the columns you don't want.  This Macro could then format the exported spreadsheet in a single click or keystroke combination.
  2. Create a 'template' that links to the exported spreadsheet and pulls out only the columns you want.
I hope this is helpful and gives you some ideas on how to achieve exactly what you want quickly and efficiently.

Hi Rob,

I started working with macros in Excel to give a standard formating to my exported cable lists, but I noticed something. Every drawing has a different number of columns.
I think this depends on the attributes of the elements I use in Stardraw. Could you give me some suggestions to keep the same attributes in all my Stardraw drawings so that when I export the wire list I always have the same number of columns and I can apply the macro without problems?

Thanks in advance

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Antonio,

The Cable Schedule is built based on project-level data (Attributes in Products) as well as drawing-level data (Attributes in Cables) so I guess what you're describing could be caused by different Products and/or Cables having different numbers of Attribute fields.

Perhaps you could email us an example of your project file and point out where the differences occur? This would help us understand exactly what you're seeing.  The project file(s) can be sent to techsupport@stardraw.com.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...