Title Block Information Updates

Author
X
Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Can we please figure out a way to control the Title Blocks after they have been put on a drawing.  When I have a 30 page drawing and have to update the Date, Rev, Issued For, for all the drawings multiple times through out the approval / job process, it just takes too much time and its very cumbersome. 

Like the tab editor, if we can get a page where you can update certain fields of the title block all at once would be a HUGE help.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Thanks for your post.  Can you give a little more information about how you might need such a thing to work?  e.g.
  1. Is this an interface to set the same value for e.g. Date across ALL drawings, or across a custom selection (i.e. some but not all drawings)?
  2. Is it a requirement to see the current value for the field(s) before setting a new one
  3. If you don't make such changes when you're working on each individual drawing but instead leave it until some later time, how do you record what values should be set for which drawing?

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Xtreme4life
X
Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)
Rob Robinson - 7/15/2021 1:21:50 PM
Thanks for your post.  Can you give a little more information about how you might need such a thing to work?  e.g.
  1. Is this an interface to set the same value for e.g. Date across ALL drawings, or across a custom selection (i.e. some but not all drawings)?
  2. Is it a requirement to see the current value for the field(s) before setting a new one
  3. If you don't make such changes when you're working on each individual drawing but instead leave it until some later time, how do you record what values should be set for which drawing?

After I create a full drawing set and all information on the title block is set. 

Example
Date - 6-1-2021
Revision - REV-01
Issued for - REVIEW

I submit these drawings for review and changes need to be made I now have to go to the dates and update every single title block.

Now I have a Change Order I need to change the Revision and Date and update every single title block.

After the drawings get approved I need to change the Date and Issues for and update every single title block.

Then As-Built I would need to change the Date and Issued for and update every single title block.

So i'm just looking for a single pop up page or a spot on the Project Details Page that has some fields that we can update ALL the title blocks within the project at anytime.

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Understood - it's undoubtedly an easier proposition if you always need to update all drawings, never just some of them, and don't need to see what the current values for these fields are; we can certainly explore this. 

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Xtreme4life
X
Rob Robinson - 7/15/2021 1:47:03 PM
Understood - it's undoubtedly an easier proposition if you always need to update all drawings, never just some of them, and don't need to see what the current values for these fields are; we can certainly explore this. 

Yes as the other fields typically don't change once set.

Xtreme4life
X
Rob Robinson - 7/15/2021 1:47:03 PM

Any movement on this?  Just had to do this to a 30 page drawing set.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Your feature request is logged in our development wishlist.  It is not currently planned to be part of any upcoming minor release but, due to the nature of the undertaking, is expected as part of the next major release which, I know you will be disappointed to hear, will not be earlier than next year. 

Obviously it would be fantastic if it were possible to turn any and all feature requests around immediately, but all such requests have to be prioritized based on demand from the field, cost vs value, alignment with strategic objectives and, since resources are not unlimited, opportunity cost.  Having said that, rest assured that your request is important to us and has not been forgotten.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Owain
O
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
I have also come across this issue on larger drawings and it takes so long to update any revision made and date
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Owain,

Noted - thanks for your upvote.

It would help us really to understand your particular experience if you could email your project file to techsupport@stardraw.com and describe what changes you want to make, and which are taking a long time.  Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Hughes
H
Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)
Hi Rob,

By my side, it would be helpful to have also a Substitution Field containing the current (real time) system date. 
The purpose is to show the actual date on a printing regardless of the version/revision date [Document\Date] of that printing.
Furthermore, the possibility to place that dynamic Substitution Field containing the current date anywhere on a drawing without using a title block will be appreciate.

Regards,
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...