poor quality autocad export

Author
T
Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
On exporting a drawing to an autocad file, I get very poor results when opening the export in autocad. It seems to me that the bigger the drawing the poorer the autocad output (heavily distorted and/or simplified lines and fonts). Anyone familiar with this problem?

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Since the Stardraw and DWG formats are both vector-based the results from exporting to DWG should be identical to the original data.  I suspect that it's the View Resolution setting in AutoCAD that is at issue; for example, if View Resolution is set too low, circles might be rendered as a collection of straight lines.  This does not mean that the object is not a circle, it's just that the rendering engine in AutoCAD is set to break curves into lines for display purposes only.

Try using the VIEWRES command in ACAD to change the display resolution to a higher setting.

If this does not solve the issue for you please email the original .S07 and exported .DWG files to techsupport@stardraw.com and we will be happy to investigate further.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Technische Dienst
T
Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Rob Robinson - 6/8/2020 6:18:06 AM
Since the Stardraw and DWG formats are both vector-based the results from exporting to DWG should be identical to the original data.  I suspect that it's the View Resolution setting in AutoCAD that is at issue; for example, if View Resolution is set too low, circles might be rendered as a collection of straight lines.  This does not mean that the object is not a circle, it's just that the rendering engine in AutoCAD is set to break curves into lines for display purposes only.

Try using the VIEWRES command in ACAD to change the display resolution to a higher setting.

If this does not solve the issue for you please email the original .S07 and exported .DWG files to techsupport@stardraw.com and we will be happy to investigate further.

Actually I am importing it into Autodesk Inventor 2020 where a command like 'VIEWRES' (in the older ACAD versions we even had 'SETRES' I believe) doesn't exist. I will email the file for review. Thanks!.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...