Unable to save plan drawings

Author
O
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,
Sorry if this seems like a repeat of previous members posts but the ones I've read do not deal with a solution to my exact issue.

I'm still very new to Stardraw and I worked on quite a few plan views at once over the weekend and after reading several similar posts it would appear I am unable to save due to taking up too much memory.
I did notice that the save etc. was greyed out(...Red Flag!) but assumed this must be because the autosave had kicked in however after checking, the autosave time set it is 5 mins (.. I know another red flag!!).
I finished the drawing I was on (No. 14!) and proceeded to wade through the online help and then find that other people were having similar issues on this forum.

Each plan has a background image of around 1 - 2.5MB and are labelled JPB1-Byrom xxxx, My colleauge wondered if it was the length of the file name that was causing the issue.

I guess what I'm after is a way to split up or save the work done....not start again!

I have copied one plan into another project but have exactly the same problem with just one drawing, I assume this is because the original file is still there takin up all my allocated memory.
Is there a way to temporarily increase this allocation or maybe save it offline somehow?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Oggy

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Oggy,

If the Save button is disabled it means that your computer is not licensed.

You can check your license, and Take a license if one is available, by choosing Help | About Stardraw Design 7.3.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Oggy
O
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Rob Robinson - 6/24/2019 1:21:37 PM
Hi Oggy,

If the Save button is disabled it means that your computer is not licensed.

You can check your license, and Take a license if one is available, by choosing Help | About Stardraw Design 7.3.
Ha ha!
New laptop and forgot about the license as most of my previous drawings were one page only.
Thank you so much for pointin out the obvious, it saved with no dramas after that!

Cheers!
Oggy

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...